Thursday, March 1, 2012

Upcoming show episode: A perspective from someone other than the Democrats or Republicans.

I'm excited about the next episode of my show and how it seems to be coming together.  Over the years, I've felt that a major third political party would really benefit American politics.  In various aspects of life, I've concluded that when there are only two strongly competing sides to an issue, they tend to lock horns and end up in a stagnant stalemate, and this carries over to America's political system that is dominated by two big parties.  Adding a third or even fourth element can break up this impasse because if two parties lock and fail to make progress, the external elements will gain ground right under their noses.  This negative stalemate thus becomes too costly for those engaged because the external forces will just outperform them.

The idea of a strong third political party, such as the Green Party, has had its ups and downs over the years and people have doubted its success, including myself at times.  However, nowadays, our two-party system has become what many would consider to be dysfunctional to the point at which we would do well to give more merit to third parties and those that do not necessarily closely resemble the dominant parties.  My own thinking on this led me to invite Green Party member Beryl Baker back to the show, along with a couple of other local members.  I consider myself largely independent, as opposed to partisan, so it's my pleasure to present a variety of perspectives.  In addition to Beryl, I'll be joined by former Arizona House of Representatives candidate Kent Solberg and former state legislator John Kromko.  We'll take a look at the current state of things from a reasoned, critical point of view and review Beryl and Kent's achievements as they put themselves out there in their respective runs for office.

I'm excited for this show and I'll post more updates as it takes shape.  You can bet you'll be watching this promising show on YouTube after the fact.  Catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment