Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Exciting taping this weekend with FAIR and the Jim Rose project folks.

(Me almost a year ago on February 13, 2011, not long after I gave my hair a fresh start.)

I'm really looking forward to my next project in the TV studio this Saturday.  I've arranged to host FAIR, the Foundation for Animals In Risk, who of course had a huge role in rescuing Chewy and his being nursed back to health.  We'll have a few animals from FAIR right on the set to tape some PSAs calling for support of this great organization.  I don't know yet if Chewy will be there, but another famous dog, Boo-boo, will be there.  Boo-boo was found right around the same time as Chewy by a Good Samaritan who brought him into touch with FAIR.  He had been horribly hurt and abused as dogfighting bait and shot with a pellet gun, and apparently left for dead.  He's been recovering from serious injuries but he's plugging away and has a great personality.  His story even made it into newspapers and onto TV newscasts around the state.

Also happening in Studio A that day is a follow-up to the Jim Rose project for which I coordinated the crew and equipment back in April of last year.  Two of the documentarians behind the project will stop by to work with me on one last aspect of the film.  This was a real feather in my cap and I'm thankful to have had this opportunity to connect with more people, participate in a documentary, and put this responsibility on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment